Search This Blog

Monday, November 2, 2009

Slow progress

I feel like I have slept for a few days, well I guess I kinda have. Had a good deal of pain in my elbow after surgery and took pain meds although not as often as prescribed and just tried to rest. Now my mind is rested and ready to move but the arm says "no, not yet". This being inside for the past 4 days is just about enough. Am told I will have to suck it up and take a little more time. I still have a lot of pain in my arm and have little use of it at this point but it is making slow progress. Not so sure how I am going to tolerate this 6 to 8 week recovery. Might need a padded room before long.
The weather has been really nice the past few days. It warms up nicely during the day but gets a bit brisk at night. Tomorrow is supposed to have highs in 50's with low tomorrow night of 33. That's real close to freezing and we still have some sweet potatoes in the ground. They have been covered over with vines from the other plants so they should be good as long as we don't have a hard freeze.
We do need to get some nest boxes built in the chicken house for the new pullets. They are starting to lay now. All be it just a few of them, but all of them didn't mature at the exact same time I guess. It will be nice to have a good supply of fresh eggs again.
Am going to try and persuade someone here to haul some wood chips for me sometime this week or weekend to mulch my herb bed, just one project I didn't get done before surgery. I think I can spread mulch with one hand. We still have a bunch of landscaping to do where we put the dirt back over the cellar to get it ready to seed and plant in spring. Just not enough of me to go around these days.
So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: