Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I drove today

This may sound odd to a lot of people but I drove today for the first time in 2 weeks. Last time I drove my truck was prior to my elbow surgery 2 weeks ago. And that also means I have not been off the farm for 2 weeks. Dang how time flys. Had to go into town today to take care of some business regarding my rental house and with no one to drive me, I just had to go. Have a follow-up doctors appointment tomorrow and some shopping for supplies and then back home. I am a real home body. I can find enough to do here to keep me busy for a year if only I could do all the things that need to be done physically. I do have a tendency tho to hibernate in fall and winter. Rob called me a hermit at one point because I didn't get out much. Guess I like being at home in my own little world.
We had the nest boxes from the old chicken house brought up last evening and put in the one where the Cornish pullets are for them to use. When I went out today to turn them out for the day I got 3 little pullet eggs. Off the floor none the less. Maybe I can put some new straw in the cubbies and use some of my egg gourds to give them the idea. Maybe tomorrow as I didn't think of the egg gourds till after dark. Such is life in my world. Till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

2 comments:

Jen said...

Stelly,
Dont go gittin' yerself into trouble drivin' around. Im like you, in that I love being in my own little world. I really do love being at home too. I've got sooo much to do at my place and would be just fine doing that all the time if it wasnt for this little thing called a job. Glad fer the lil pullets layin eggs. You are so lucky to have such a place to call home and some mad canning skills!!! ~jen

stella said...

Hi ya'll. dang Greg ya gonna be a pro at this cannin before long. Keep up the good work. And yeas the dip is good. Hope you enjoy it.
Jen I have been called a hermit for stayin home too much. lol I dont go often but when I do I go far away, like on vacation to foreign "states".
As for canning skills, that comes with age as do lots of other things.

stella