Search This Blog

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Late Thanksgiving

We had our family Thanksgiving dinner today when both the boys could be home to enjoy time together. I think I forgot how much work that can be to cook a big meal for a holiday. We had turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed taters, gravy, corn, coleslaw, green beans and several desserts. And it was pretty dang good if I do say so myself. I think we all ate more than our share and everyone had their nap afterwards. It is nice to know that most of the food on the table was home grown and homemade. For all this I am very thankful.

Earlier today Luna had to go to the vet. She has been limping in her left front leg for a week or more now. The vet said the Great Pyrenees grow so fast that the cartilage in the joints gets brittle and tears easily and that this is likely what is wrong with her. So he gave her vitamins to take for a month and some pain pills to take for a week to see if it improves. If it don't heal on its on then she will need surgery. And this is the part I did not want to hear. Am so hoping this heals well for her. If nothing else this does qualify for lots a treats.
Till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: