Search This Blog

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Nice weather

We had some really nice fall weather today, with temps in the low 70's. The sun was so nice and warm on the skin. Yeah I did get out for a bit today. I got to help hold feed bags to put the corn in that was picked and will later be shelled for cornmeal. We sorted it out as we went along and put all the good stuff that were blemish free in separate bags and the ones that had some rotted kernels on them were put in bags for the laying pullets. They do enjoy good new corn. And boy does it make the egg yolks orange. Mighty rich and tasty too I must say. Tomorrow we finish the corn picking and sorting.
Next weekend is opening weekend of deer season here so all the hunters will be off in search of the ever elusive deer. Am hoping we have several for the freezer this year. It is a depressing time for me as I cant hunt any more due to my work injuries. And the fact that I have had recent surgery. Maybe some day I can add deer hunting back to my list of the much awaited season. But this year I will be staying home and tending to things here on the farm. Such is life. Till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: