Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The legal system stinks

The legal system in this country stinks. Especially if you work for a living and the ones around you don't. I sat through civil court today waiting my turn which didn't come till late afternoon. The most cases were of lenders suing for none payment from debtors. At least 20 such in our small county alone. I can only imagine what it would be like in a large town. The other party in my case did not even have the decency to appear in court. The judge awarded judgement in my favor but in no uncertain terms indicated to me that I have no way to collect. The people are on the "draw" and own nothing tangible so that makes them "judgement proof" under the law. Sickening to say the least. They can walk free owing me 2 months rent and 4 utility bills totalling over$1000. What the hell happened to honesty and integrity in this country. I was raised to believe a persons word was his or her bond. I may be just a little old fashioned, but that's all fine with me. People like them are looking for a hand out not a helping hand. Sure hope they use me for a future reference when they try to rent another place. OK off my soap box for now.
After that depressing bit of info, at least the weather was nice today. Very warm for this time of year. Supposed to start cooling down later this week and rain some I think. Tomorrow may be a good day to stay in and do some baking. Maybe some banana nut bread and maybe a rum cake. Yeah that sounds like a plan to me. Till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: