Search This Blog

Monday, November 16, 2009

Just rambling

Another day in paradise here on the farm. I got up this morning and made my coffee and did the usual stuff. Looked around the kitchen and dining room and the lil dust bunnies were multiplying like, well like bunnies. I decided it was time to shampoo carpet. Dang did I bite off more than I could chew. But with using just one arm and the shampooer I did get the den, dining room and living room done, furniture moved and all. Maybe I can tackle the bedrooms next. It had been 2 years since the carpets were done. After my back injury it was impossible. Not saying it was a good idea to do them today, but some things just need to be done.

The weather was great today. Nice and warm in the upper 70's. Opened the patio door and closed only the screen door. Ventured out to let the pullets out of the building to roam and scratch a bit. Gathered the eggs when I went out and got 13 today. Am hoping to sell about 10 of the pullets this week. A lady from Tennessee say my ad on Craig's list and is interested. That will decrease the feed bill a good amount and still have enough eggs to use and sell a few. Then come spring I can raise babies.

I have some business in town tomorrow that will likely take most of the day then back here and try to finish the carpet. Or not. I happened to think of my mustard and turnip greens that are still in the garden and should try to pick and can some more of those before a hard freeze. In my mental travels over the farm, I remembered that today was my dads birthday. He would have been 96 today. He passed on at the age of 90 years and 5 months. And I still miss him terribly.

Till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: