Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Too hot to be out

It has been more than hot today. The nice rain we had just makes the humidity that much higher. I took Gene, my buddy to therapy today, and on the way home the bank thermometer said 100 degrees. I do believe it was right. I dont normally have breathing problems but today the heat made it really hard. Kinda make ya run for cover of the nearest shade tree.
Back on the farm, the neighbors that usually cut the hay got it all on the ground today. He should start baling it tomorrow if we dont get more rain. Instead of paying us for the hay we are keeping some of the roll bales to use this winter for possibly goats and sheep. Some will also be used as bedding for the chickens. The hay looks thin in the picture but there is a lot on the ground when you walk thru it.


Earlier this evening I was on my way to the summer kitchen to check on the dried onions that are in the dehydrator and found a snake by the back steps. Not sure what kind it was but any kind scares the heck out of me. I killed it with a shovel that was near by and disposed of it. It was headed under the deck I guess to keep Luna company under there.


Not a rattler or a copperhead, my only other guess was a viper that is very common around here. Maybe he was like all other critters out looking for a cool spot. Did I mention I hate snakes. Well I do.
So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: