Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

This sounds promising

Living in a former tobacco growing state and enjoying herbs, this article caught my eye. I just happen to be looking for information on fever few at the time. Seems as the fever few plants can be started and grown with the same systems used for starting tobacco plants using the greenhouse float tray system. And being female, I do like to see pretty flowers bloom in summer. This might just be something I could do for some kind of income and enjoy the fringe benefits as well. Below is the research info from University of Kentucky.

http://www.ca.uky.edu/ktrdc/Bulletin%20KTRDC-IB-3.pdf

Other than researching some herbs, I have been watching baby chicks hatch today. So far 10 are out with more making their way to the world. I did take the ones out that were dry and put them in a box in the summer kitchen so they would not be kicking their siblings around like a football.
On my way to feed the other little chicks today I found Slinky and her babies. She had taken them off the porch and hid them away. Well she didn't hide them too good. They are under the smoker beside the door to my outbuilding. Silly cat!
So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: