Search This Blog

Friday, April 30, 2010

Not enough hours in the day

How come the days of winter are short and seem so long, then in summer the days are longer and seems like there is just never enough hours in the day? I got up early this morning and had my coffee and went outside to get started painting my stakes to label all my herbs. I know what all of em are but no one else does. But now they are all marked so everybody knows what is planted where. While the paint was drying I went to the greenhouse and potted up some of the flowers that were ready. Then I had to roll up about 150 ft of garden hose so Jason could mow our yard today. I did the trimming with the electric weed eater. It is very light and I can use it without too much pain. Nothing like the ones that are gasoline and ya have to pull the rope to start em.Dang by time I got one of those started I would be hurting too bad to use it. Any who, got the weed whacking done and the yard is mowed. Looks really nice too. I noticed the grapevines are loaded with lil tiny grape clusters, so just maybe I will have some grapes this year.
While Jason was mowing our yard I used the pressure washer to clean the front porch and deck. It was long over due a good cleaning. Luna likes to get mud on her feet and come on the deck and porch. At least it is clean for now. I am right handed and with my right arm being the one that I injured, I found it was really hard to use a pressure washer wand with my left hand. Now both my elbows ache from that deal.
Late this evening I transplanted my thornless blackberry that Rosie gave me on the left wing wall of the cellar along with some lavender that I had started in pots. Still need to mulch all that area and get the pavers in and gravel so we don't track mud into the cellar every time we go in there.
Shower time for me, so till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: