Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Moving right along.........

We have been moving right along making progress and getting things planted. Even though I have felt like who did and what for the past few days. I am having a really hard time getting over this bronchitis or what ever it was. But I did get my herbs transplanted this evening and some sawdust put around them to help hold moisture when it gets hot and dry this summer. I went to my friends greenhouse today and got some flowers to plant in the flower bed in front of the cellar and those are in. Still need to mulch those and maybe add some drift wood and stones to keep the dog and cats out of there. I still have a strip on the other side of the door that needs to be planted and that will be finished as far as planting goes. Maybe that would be a good place for lavendar. Sure would smell nice. The rugosa roses that my friend Rosie gave me are in the ground waiting on mulch. I think a big load of mulch is in order. Tomorrow after I weedeat around stuff here in the yard I will be painting my stakes to make labels for all the herbs. More for decoration than anything else. I do have some plants that are in harms way of the mower unless I put little white markers by them.
I have been told that the plumbing will be done in the summer kitchen this weekend and the gas range hooked up. It is probably a good thing too, as the mustard and turnip greens are about ready to can. Once the guys get done I can do the final cleanup and get all my canning supplies moved over there and organized. That will take a while. Some are in the out building, some in the cellar, some in the house. You get the idea. It will be nice to have it all handy and hopefully organized a little better.
So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: