Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

More painting to do

I have gotten most of the painting done on the summer kitchen. Jason got all the trim up today after lots of cussing and a mashed finger here and there. No blood stains tho. Yay!!! I got the cabinets unloaded out of my truck finally and got the 3 base cabinets painted that were a light blue color, now they are a beige color that will coordinate with the wall board. I wont have blue cabinets in this kitchen no matter what. Tomorrow I need to put on another coat of paint and then start painting the floor. After that the cabinets can be installed and the counter tops put on.
I have spent too much time out side with all the pine tree pollen in the air and now I think I am getting bronchitis. Dang this is the first time in 4 years that I have had it. I think maybe stress has dragged down my immune system a good deal. I did stay out today and finally got the leeks planted also. They just were not growing to suit me in the greenhouse. So far no frost at our house with all the frost warnings that the weather service has issued. The day time temperatures have been perfect for working outside this week so far, in the mid 70's and sunny. Would be nice if I had a small pen so I could let my baby chicks out to enjoy the sun and scratch around. I may go see my friend Rosie this week or this weekend for a few days and I think she has some turkey eggs for me to try and hatch in the incubator. It has been many years since I have raised turkeys so this should be another re-learning experience.
Till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: