Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

On the road

It kinda feels good to stop for a little bit tonight. I feel like I have been in perpetual motion since early today. I took my friend who had the stroke to Cardinal Hill re-hab facility today and dropped him off, he will be there for 2 or 3 weeks. Am just praying he is much better when he comes home. Then last night I got to thinking that if I needed to make a trip to my aunts to get a gas range then I may as well do it today while I was an hour and a half in the right direction. With a 5 hour drive I had plenty of quiet time to think and ponder, and jus listen to the silence and see the scenery. Our state is so pretty this time of year. Just seems to come alive with green and flowering trees and plants, live stock in the fields along the way with their little ones, large fields plowed waiting to be planted. You can tell its summer in Kentucky. I came across the Land Between the Lakes area and crossed both lakes, the water so clear and nice, a few boats out fishing. When I crossed Kentucky Lake there was a barge getting ready to go under the bridge. sigh............Oh well,  I got here this evening and had dinner at the local cracker barrel with my aunt Ann and 2 of my cousins and we came home. When I got here she told me I wasnt allowed to leave till at least Friday, so I will be leaving here on Friday morning to go see my friend Rosie and her family before heading on home on Saturday. I really dont have a lot of time this spring to be goofing off. I will need to get busy planting the rest of the garden and taking care of things at home. When I called home today to let the guys know that I made it here in one piece they told me they got my counter tops cut to size for my summer kitchen. So when I go home all we need to install is the range and we are set. I will be relieved to have this project behind me. Well the plumbing still needs to be hooked in, but thas a minor detail.
Till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead on the road.

Stella

No comments: