Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gotta get better to die

Dang I have felt like crap today. I still have bronchitis or something from the allergy stuff in the air. The air is much cleaner today after the rain but it didnt help what I already had. I have took several naps today and still feel like I could sleep for hours on end. I made some chicken noodle soup for supper tonight and that went down well. Makes the tummy feel better for a little while.
I went to the greenhouse a bit ago to check on things and put some stuff back inside that I had set out side. We have a frost warning for tonight with temps in the low 30's. I am so hoping the frost dont hit us this time. The fruit trees have fruit on them, the grapevines are blooming, the strawberries have berries on them, and this is the first year my peonies have buds on them. My rose bush beside the house is loaded with little rose buds as well. I am going back out in a little bit to cover the strawberries and some other stuff up just in case. I will start the heater in the greenhouse late tonight to keep the plants in there warm. It is supposed to be warmer tomorrow I think. A nice fire in the fireplace would not be bad tonight. Not much else happening on the homestead today.
So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

3 comments:

Jen said...

Stelly,
I know how you feel with that crappy cold. I still have mine but for the most part my aches n stuff from it are gone...aside from my usual aches. The nasal congestion is what bothers me the most not being able to taste much.
I hope you git to feeling better. Best thing I found that may speed up the cure is REST REST REST and vitamin C.

Mary said...

Hope ya feel better. Frost?? Yikes!! We had lots of rain last night, gully washers.. but no frost. It is chilly though. I am having a heckuva allergy/asthma season myself Started with a sinus infection just before the pollen started to get going here. Now its just every day tired and breathless. :( Makes it hard to do all the things you need to do in spring--plus wedding stuff here. Aargh! eh?

stella said...

Hey yall! I still feel like crap. I am so congested i sound like bubble wrap when i breath. The inhalers do help some, it is less hard to breath with them. lol Hope you all get to feeling better as well.