Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

Nice weather and more progress

The weather was really nice today, partly sunny and just enough clouds to keep it from being so unbearable out in the heat. The guys got more done on the summer kitchen today. The roof is on, all the siding is up. I think the plan for tomorrow is to get the door hung and get the wiring done.It is looking nice out there. Rob was here this weekend to help get the siding put up. It takes 2 people to hold it up and one to nail. Rob also finished moving the gravel for me that I was using in back to landscape with. It sure looks better out there than all the mud that was there.
I got in the greenhouse today an potted up more of the tomato plants and some of the herbs. I had got hold of some bad potting mix an had to re-seed some of the pepper plants. The bag of potting mix I had gotten here locally was nothing more than sand and nothing was coming up in it. I held no moisture at all.
I looked at my asparagus bed today an there are bunches of little skinny asparagus spears in there but they are tiny little fellers. I think I was instructed to let them grow this year and maybe I can harvest a few next year.
Not much else happening here, so till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: