Search This Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The wall board is going up





The guys got most of the wall board up in the summer kitchen today. It is looking really nice. Rodger has to go back to work tomorrow so the only work will be in the evenings after today. But its almost done except for minor finishing projects now. It has been really nice weather for doing things outside. That is unless you have spring allergies like all of us. But it will pass. I guess the fact that we all were in the kitchen when the fiberglass insulation was being put in didnt help at all. Today we put the plastic vapor barrier over the insulation and then Rodger and Jason got all the wall board up except the last sheet that will need to have several cuts made in it for wall sockets and such. They decided to try out the air conditioner  today and dang it was too cool in there for me. The windows are positioned across from each other and do a fine job of providing cross ventilation as far as I am concerned. I am sure this summer when it is 95 in the shade the AC will be just fine.
I think tomorrow is going to be yard mowing day for us around here. Its mow now or cut hay later. Why does the yard always grow faster when you are really too busy to tend to it? I think I might now have enough extention cord to be able to weed eat with my little electric string trimmer and not have to mess with the big heavy gas powered one. Having a pretty lawn with lots of lovely grass is just not high on our list of priorties around here. If it was left to me, I would build raised beds all over the yard and fill them in with pretty and edible stuff. Am thinkin I best not mention any more projects to these guys around here for a while. I might get evicted. They have worked hard on the kitchen so I think I might need to give em a break.
Not much else happening here, so till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: