Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Odd jobs

There were a few odd jobs that got knocked off the to-do list today. It was kinda hot outside if you moved around a bit. Temps in the 70's. Jason took the tractor corn planter apart to try and repair the fertilizer part of it all to find out that is will cost more to fix than it is worth. We can still use the planter to plant the field of corn and then we also have a side dressing attachment that we can use to side dress the corn once it comes up. Problem solved. We had to make a run to town to get bolts for the planter project and I picked up a can of paint for the front of my greenhouse. I did manage to get that painted this afternoon. It does look better and the coat of paint will protect the plywood for a few years. We are forecast for rain tomorrow so we will see how the paint holds up. The plants are looking good so far. I do need more potting soil to start some more things. I may have to make a run to wal-mart to get that. The local hardware store has potting soil but my garden soil looks better. I need to get the sweet potatoes put in dirt to sprout and make slips. If it rains and I cant work outside I think its time to put some potatoes out of the cellar and into the light so they will make little eyes for planting. We are getting behind planting potatoes this year for some reason. They really should be in the garden by now. Heck I am still waiting on my new strawberry plants to come in. And my fruit trees. Maybe they will be here soon. But it is early yet. I'm just in a hurry to get things growing.
I was at the rental house today and noticed the daffodils are blooming. So I just had to go pick a handful and put them in some water to enjoy inside. Lots of my perennial plants are coming out already too, so I will have blooms before long. I really need to sow some flower seeds, I love tinkering in the flower beds in summer.
So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: