Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

The greenhouse is still up

We had some pretty heavy wind last night and my greenhouse is still standing. We also got a good deal of rain along with the wind. I didn't open the doors today as it was still warmer inside than out, so left it closed up to retain the heat. It has been overcast all day and just plain dreary outside. A good day for sleeping in.
Hopefully this weekend I will start having baby chicks. The little hen is still setting on the nest in the building. She should start hatching this weekend as well. So I need to check with my friend that has a little feed store to see if she has chick starter in stock. The eggs in the incubator will be taken off the turner on Wednesday so the lil chicks and peck their way around the shell and get out. One of God's little miracles to witness.
Not much else happening here on the homestead, so till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: