Search This Blog

Friday, March 26, 2010

Hot or cold, open or closed

That has been the dilemma here today with the sun coming and going and drizzling rain, and sometimes overcast. It tough keeping a greenhouse at the right temp. It was really cold last night so we had the propane heater on. It warmed up in the day and we turned it off. I had a fan on and went out to work out there this afternoon and it was comfortable. The thermometer said it was 65 in there. The sun popped out and in 5 minutes it went to over 100 degrees in there. Took me a minute to figure out why I was so hot. I was thinking maybe just age, but heck no, I had to open the door and window. I did get more tomatoes, herbs and some flowers started today. Mostly marigolds to use in the big garden for bug deterrent. I sprayed all the seedlings with fish oil emulsion today as well and watered it in. On the way back up to the house I noticed that my herbs are coming up under the wire that I had put over the bed to keep the animals out. So its spring I think.
Jason went to Richmond today to see if he could have my great grand dads pocket watch fixed. Good news is so far it is running perfectly. Just a little part of the family history preserved.
The weather is posed to be nice next week so we are going to try and plant potatoes and get my summer kitchen built. I think maybe we will go get building materials tomorrow. Then we need to get the rest of moms furniture moved and stored for her. There is a lot to do and I must have the furniture moved before April 1st. With a little nice weather we have lots to get done around here. The fence still needs to be put up for the laying hens to have a lot. I am sure they are pretty tired of being inside all the time. Not much else going on here, so till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

stella

No comments: