Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

Too wet to plow.............

As the old saying goes, too wet to plow and I cant dance. The ground here is squishy under foot every where you step. I don't know the rain fall totals for this area but I do know it was a lot. The sun was shining today and it was really nice out. I haven't been in our big garden yet to check on the plants, didn't relish the idea of getting mud over my boot tops. Tomorrow I will check on that and probably spray for potato bugs already. The potatoes we planted last year that didn't make anything were left in the ground and after the garden was plowed this spring they have sprouted and come up. Depends on how much space we need in that area, we may just leave them be and see what happens. Rodger checked them before the rain and the potato beetles were already attacking them. So maybe if I spray them now I can keep the bugs from getting the ones we put in this year. It is worth a try.
They got the propane hooked up in my summer kitchen today and it all works like a charm. I think they plan on doing the plumbing tomorrow evening. If that all goes well, it will finally be finished. Yay!!!!!!! The beginning of next week I do plan on canning mustard and turnip greens. They are ready and nice and tender.
I still have this nasty bronchitis or what ever it is. It is really beginning to wear me down. I do feel some better today although very tired. If I could just sleep all night without coughing it would be so nice.
Time for a shower, so till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: