Search This Blog

Sunday, May 30, 2010

I like holiday weekends

I like these long holiday weekends. Got outside today and did some cleanup out back from the summer kitchen construction. I did get my outbuilding cleaned out today and now I have walking around room. Jason got some of his belongings out of there and put in storage. Now maybe I can organize the things that I need in my own building again.
I planted some hollyhocks that I started from seed that my friend Rosie had given me. They are going to be growing in front of one of the cellar wing walls. Some of the flowers there are blooming and it does look nicer than bare dirt.
Tomorrow we are picking peas again and hope this time to put more in the freezer or maybe have enough to can a few jars. Rodger went into the garden today and said everything we planted last week is up. So that sounded promising. We will be in there with hoes tomorrow to get the weeds out that we missed with the rototiller last week. I just hope it is not as hot tomorrow as it was today. The heat was like we usually have in July and August here. It was kinda odd, when I talked with Rob last night from Elco Nevada, he said it was like 40 degrees there and we had 90's.
So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: