Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

A stay at home day

I had a chance to stay at home today and chill out for a bit. Seems like I cant get enough sleep for some reason. I feel tired all the time. But I got out this morning and fed the chickens and seeing as how they were hungry and not to disturb them I waited till this evening to put fresh bedding in their building. It was needing it really bad. With 50 chicks doin their business in there all day the bedding can get kinda wet and never drys this time of year. This only happens if the chicks have feed and water and eat 24 hours a day. I figured I would have some cold chicks last night when the power went off. But the power company got it going again by midnight and the heat light came back on for the chicks.
Jason said Petunia is liking her new digs and all the things we are giving her to eat. We don't have a lot of leftovers from meals but even a lil bit will make a pig happy. He did get a bag of feed for her today as well. He has to feed really early in the mornings before work and he said Petunia was buried under her pile of hay this morning when she shined a flashlight on her. At that point she was awake and ready to eat. Not much else happening on the homestead today. So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: