Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

Road trip to work

Yeah I know, I said I was staying home the rest of the year. But here I am all the way across the state again. My aunt Ann has a hunting lodge where a local guide service houses some of its deer hunters for modern gun season. She provides the housing and feeds the hunters the evening meal. She didn't have help cooking for all these guys so she had called and ask me to please come help for 2 weeks. Well I cant do 2 weeks but am here to help this week and I have to go home on Friday. I still have chickens at home to butcher and Rob and Amoy will be coming home on Saturday for a week. But anyway I left my house this morning around 9 am and got here around 3 this afternoon. It is a good 5 hour drive. We had 31 hungry hunters for dinner tonight and they cleaned out the food. We made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, buttered rolls, blackberry cobbler and chocolate cake. The guys had nice time visiting and left with full bellies. So all is well.
I hate jumping time zones, my body don't adjust well at all. I am in the central time zone and my body lives in the eastern time zone. So I never know when to go to bed or get up. But I am still so sore and hurty from all the things I had done before I left the house so I think I will sleep rather well no matter what.
So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: