Search This Blog

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Still keeping on

Well we have all been hard at it all day today with various projects. The root cellar finally got covered over and is now officially under ground. Just hope it don't rain till we get all the minor leveling done with the dirt. Still need to open drainage ditch to carry water away from the deck and back of the house. Some very large rocks need to be positioned to slow down runoff of water when it does rain. I will still need to get the one flower bed dug out so I can have a rock patio put in its place before winter. I can feel the blisters starting on my hands already from the rake and shovel.
I have painted all day at the old farm house and still have the bathroom to paint and some trim work to do before calling it done. Then some cleanup and I will quit, maybe.
Tomorrow Rob and Amoy will be here so Rob can help with the finish work on the back area of the house and around the cellar. Can always use another strong back and muscles. The kids are really good to come home and help out when they have time off work to do so. Guess I will have to feed some of "moms home cooking". Till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: