Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Seeing the scenery




The scenery on my vacation was just a bonus of the trip. On my way through Natural Bridge state park I took a few photos of the changing trees. So pretty this time of year. Its always good to visit my aunt and my friend that lives near her when I come west. Their season is a few weeks behind us so I can have the best of both worlds. The gardens are just finishing up here so I did get to help do some canning. We have made apple sauce and apple butter. Also made some cushaw butter for my aunt as well. Just the time of year to wind down and finish up with laying the garden by for the winter. Maybe I can get in a day of fishing on Kentucky Lake while I'm here as well.

Got an email from Jason back home and they have most of the sweet potatoes dug. So far 11 1/2 bushels with 3 more rows to dig. That's a lot of taters! I suppose I will have lots to do when I go home after my trip. Enjoy the photos of the scenery and till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead on the road.

Stella

No comments: