Search This Blog

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Home at last!

Well I finally made it home today, well this afternoon. Got home just in time to get the truck unloaded and Jason had to load up his stuff and head out to his new job. He is finally on the road driving a truck again. I am so happy for him to have found a job in these tough times but I know I will miss him being here all the time too. He is really doing what I have always wanted to do, truck drive and see the country. Maybe I can just live that dream through him. Robert, the youngest will graduate college in December and move on to make a life for himself. We are so proud of him for sticking with it and graduating college. Darn it seems like only yesterday they were both just little boys. This growing up sure does make it hard for momma.
Am glad to be home but I had a really good vacation with family and friends. Got to spend time with my aunt in western Kentucky and some friends there. Then on the way home stopped off to visit some friends in the central part of the state. I always enjoy time at Sam and Rosie's place, and she is such a wonderful cook. Last evening she taught me to make oatmeal soup. OK I know it sounds odd to most folks but you just have to trust me, it is really good and filling. Just hits the spot on a cool fall evening.
Tomorrow I will be trying to get some things done here on the farm before it rains again. I have some plants that need to be potted and brought in before heavy frost kills them. My rosemary for one thing has to be potted. If I get an early start I might get that done before it rains. So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

2 comments:

dgr said...

OK, Stella. Whats with the tease about the oatmeal soup??? Aren't ya even gonna tell us whats in it?? We sure have missed ya. Glad you made it home safely.

stella said...

Hi Deb, no tease, I made the soup at Rosie's (bookwormoms) house. It just sounds wrong, like it would be something awful but be dang it was so good. Very filling and just hits the spot on a cool fall day. I will post the recipe here, maybe tomorrow.
Its so nice to be missed. And I am glad to be home too, well at least for now. lol

stella