Search This Blog

Monday, October 26, 2009

Finally done canning chicken

I finally got done caning chicken this evening. I sorta got a late start but it took all day. I had 3 canners full to process. There were 17 quarts of chicken, 11 quarts and 8 pints of stock. I canned some of the stock in pints because I use it to cook lentils. All beans and legumes need to have animal fats cooked in them to unlock all the nutrients for the human body to absorb. Spent the day outside while the canner was going just doing odd jobs that I want to get finished before I have surgery on Thursday. I did reorganize the root cellar to better fit my needs. And while I was doing this I was thinking of a Tom and Jerry cartoon I had seen some time ago. In the cartoon Tom was locked in the house and had only 1 can of food ad Jerry hid the can opener. That's how I will feel after surgery. I have all this canned food and will only have use of one hand and wont be able to open jars. As my friend Jen would tell me "you are a mess. Got more projects to complete tomorrow so off to bed I go. Till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: