Search This Blog

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Am home after surgery

Well I have survived my elbow surgery and am home. Rob had me home by noon today, the surgery didn't take too long but the doc was late getting there due an auto collision in his neighborhood. I was still out of surgery by 9 am and on my way home by 10. I am doing OK, just having some pain and doc said I would have for several days. A friend is coming to sit with me tomorrow and hopefully after that I will be safe alone. I guess the meds they gave me in surgery are still making me a little dizzy when I stand. Am also starting to feel some pain and soreness all the way to my shoulder. I will survive this too I think.

I did have a nice surprise this evening when we fed my young pullets. One of them had laid their first egg. Yah for them. They are only 4 and 1/2 months old. So I am happy to know they will be laying good very soon. Now we need nest boxes for them. Farm fresh eggs are a must at this place. After all what is a farm without fresh eggs?

I got a call from Jason out there on the road and he probably wont be home till Thanksgiving. Dang I miss having him around. I got no one to fuss at now. lol I think Rob is coming back home this weekend, maybe on Sunday to help out here on the farm. We still have 3 more rows of sweet potatoes to dig and the bread corn to pick. Not sure if it will be dry enough to do either this week.The weather was really nice today with temps in the low 70s and sunshine. Still nice out for night too.

OK it time for more pain control, so till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

1 comment:

Gianetta said...

I'm glad you're home and doing better.