Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

All the hassle

This has been one of those days when you realize just how much hassle it is to deal with the government. My son is taking a new job and it is unreal the hoops he had to jump through just to get all the proper paper work to take the test to get his HazMat endorsement on his CDL. I think he talked to every government agency in the country trying to get to the right department that could do a background check and take finger prints. Then only with a appointment and certain days of the week to the tune of $175, not in cash but money order or certified check. Then try to get a passport, that was a whole different animal. And only a few select post offices will do them. So he had to drive to another town for that. But I had promised to take a friend to the doctor in that town so that was a little bit of gas saved. Finally after about $300 and all day he has the proper credentials on their way, after a 4 to 6 week wait.
And the doctors office was another brick wall. My friend has been a hair dresser for 30 years and it has taken its tole on her hands and feet. She has cut my hair for some 25 years or more and was the one to give my boys each their first haircuts. She has no medical insurance and she never gets proper treatment, just the run around and sent on to someone else. I cannot imagine how bad it will be with government controlled health care. I don't even want to get started on that issue. I haven't done anything physical today but dang I am exhausted. Think I will stay home tomorrow, maybe I will have a more productive day. Till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: