Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Slowing down a little

I have been taking it kinda easy today, not doing anything strenuous. That is unless you count washing windows, curtains, and cleaning floors. I have stayed in all day. It has been cold here and we had our first snow flurries this morning. Nothing stuck on the ground but it was pretty falling. I don't mind snow as long as it don't stick to the roads. We had a lot of rain for a few days prior so the river is up a good deal. It has the road blocked going out to town but we can go out the long way if need be. That's what the guys do when they go to work. But at least I have been in getting caught up on the house cleaning that has been let go for a few weeks. Hell I even cleaned windows. Now that is saying something for me.
We have spent all summer busy with the garden and canning and all the butchering we have done here. It is nice to have the freezers full. Especially with the state of our country and economy. We can all live as frugal as possible and still be able to put back extra food in case of an emergency. It don't have to be a BIG disaster, but even with lose of a job or sickness or unemployment we all need to have a well stocked pantry. A friend sent some reading info to me in an email today and I thought I would share the links with you so everyone can be informed and prepared. I don't consider myself a prepper or survivalist but I do like to be prepared to weather out the storms of life.

http://neithercorp.us/npress/?p=936

http://neithercorp.us/npress/?p=710

Both are informative and gives ya something to think about. I really  don't want to count on anyone to take care of me or my family except me. So on we go.
Till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: