Search This Blog

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Late winterizing

Some how time slipped away from us this fall and some things that needed to be done got left be the wayside. Things like putting insulation in the water pump house to keep it from freezing this winter. Not just at our house but at Jason's house too. So the guys got that done today. Jason spent some time under his house insulating some water lines to his washer as well. Now hopefully we wont have any frozen lines this winter. I had went to Jason's house to cut his hair and help him clean his new used refrigerator and stove. I hate cleaning ovens but sometimes it just has to be done. So now his appliances are all cleaned and in good shape for a while.
We got about 4 inches of snow last night and it has flurried most of the day today. At times there was sleet in the mix. Not pleasant going down your collar if you are outside tho. I guess I could have gotten out an taken some pics to share but you know me. Mind like a mouse trap, all set one minute, snapped the next. Maybe I can do that tomorrow.
When I got home I fixed spaghetti for supper and then got to work on a big pillow for Luna to sleep on here on the front porch. I had some old bed pillows that were beyond hope and used those to stuff a huge pillow case I made from an old throw that was at Jason's house. I sewed it on the sewing machine in the fashion of the envelope style pillow sham and slid 3 bed pillows in there. I put it out for Luna and she marched right up and laid down like she knew it was hers. I hope that will be a little easier on her than sleeping on the rug on the porch. She has a dog house but will not under no circumstances get in it. Now the trick will be keeping the big pillow dry when it rains and she comes in and lays on it. I will figure that out when the time comes.
So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your "Mind like a mouse trap..." saying. Can I borrow it?

The Apple Pie Gal said...

Ok, I second H,J & F's comment! I laughed so hard!!! I have never heard that phrase before and I am going to try my hardest to remember it cuz that's good stuff!

Hehehee! You made my morning!

stella said...

lol sure ladies you can use my nonesense any time ya want. But be warned it will not improve your IQ knowing this stuff. lol