Search This Blog

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

Not much happening here on the homestead today with it being Christmas eve and all. I did get out and go see Mom at the nursing home and took her presents to her. She also got some homemade candy and cookies along with her gifts. She is doing fairly well all things considered. She does have some dementia and still is not able to walk or stand alone. So sad when the mind goes. It probably would help if she would take her medication but instead she has refused it for a month now. Cant really force em to take their meds but we know it sure would extend and improve their quality of life. Kinda depressing to have to see her like that. But such is life.
Today is also Rodgers birthday. He turned 53 today. He has just chilled here at home and relaxed today. We made a big kettle of veggie soup for supper tonight. I still like my veggie soup with peanut butter jelly sandwiches. I will probably go ahead and fix a turkey and ham and all the fixings and just eat on that all weekend. That is if the turkey gets thawed tonight. I did get it out a lil late.
So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead and wishing you and your a very Merry Christmas. Pretty sure most of us are going to have a white Christmas this year from the weather forecast.

Stella

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you and your mom had a visit... my older sister had a stroke two years ago, at 49 years old, and she refuses to take some of her meds as well. It is frustrating to me also. I just try to keep the memories of my sister fresh in my mind when I watch her struggle with daily life. Hope you have a quiet and peaceful holiday! And happy late birthday to Rodger...

DR said...

Tell Rodger "Happy Birfday" for us! But I'm still shakin my head about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and veggie soup. Please pack me up some snow in a jar and send it to me.....I could make a lil snowman.

Jen said...

Glad you got to see yer Mom Stelly. Im sure she will enjoy her gifts. Do you eat this PBJ sammich together wif the soup or after? Happy Birfday Rodger..and many more!! Merry Christmas to you and yer family Stelly. ~'Jenny'
PS...whut is a white Chrifmus?

Sue said...

Merry Christmas, Stella. Bless you and your Mom and family.

small farm girl said...

Merry Christmas to you too!