Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

We are getting a hog

We are going to west Kentucky tomorrow to get the hog that is at my friends house and bring her home. We did finally barrow a small horse trailer to haul her in. It will be better than putting racks on a pickup truck. At least she wont be exposed to the wind and possibly get sick from the ride this way. So we are leaving in the morning and will be back home early Sunday and get Petunia in the barn and feed her. If she were a different breed I am not so sure I wouldn't breed her and let her have piglets before she is butchered. But I really don't have room for pigs right now. Maybe another time.
It has been rather cool here all day. Not a short sleeve day by any means. I guess winter is right around the corner now. Not much else happening here today. So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

1 comment:

Jen said...

I cant wait to see and hear more about Ms. Petunia. I hope ya'll had a great weekend. 'Jenny'