Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2010

Things are looking up

Maybe things are looking up this winter. Sometimes you just come to the realization that no matter how many problems and obstacles you have in your life, you are still much better off than many. I guess when we get down and life seems to be kicking us, it does the soul good to take a look at those around us.
Yesterday I was more than angry to find my rental house a mess and the tenants not there taking care of the place as they had promised. But I guess I should be thankful that I have more than one house. Maybe I shouldn't complain about the mess they left, I still have enough physical ability and common sense left to be able to clean it up again. Then after I was thinking for a while, maybe people who have nothing are jealous of those who do and wish to destroy them or take from them. Maybe people who have nothing think they deserve to reap the benefits of the hard work of those who do. Who knows? None the less life goes on.
The weather is supposed to warm up a good deal this week which will be a nice change. Most of our snow is melted now as it was 35 degrees today. The chickens sure did enjoy being able to see the dirt and scratch around in the mud today. All Gods creatures have a built in survival instinct if humans wouldn't interfer with them. I have talked to folks who think they need to insulate their chicken houses in winter. I had a pullet one night last week that stayed outside in the elements and 15 degree weather all night with no shelter, accidentally of course, an she survived and did just fine. They do put on an extra layer of protection in winter no different than we put on a coat in winter.The cats have a heavier coat in winter, they still hunt in the coldest of weather. The dog has a good heavy coat and loves the snow and cold. Critters like humans will dress for the weather, and sometimes even more so. These are just my observations of course. Till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: