Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2013

Pushing the deadline

Sounds just like me doesn't it? Always pushing the deadline. I have put off going out of town to find the thread to tack the baby quilt that I have started till dang it its not long till we fly to Nevada. If I keep messing around I wont have it done to take with me. I guess I will go out of town tomorrow and get the stuff to finish it up. I just need the thread to tack the quilt with and add the border and it will be done. I am going to get my nails done tomorrow anyway so I can pick up the thread while I am out and about. That is IF it don't snow. I don't do snow much less drive in it. Rodger cant go he is on call this weekend with his work so he must stay in town.

I was going to get those things done today but I am still having issues with leg cramps. I did go out to a friends house and got my hair cut today and on the way home I had to stop in the middle of the road because my right leg, the one on the gas pedal , started cramping really bad. So with it being 25 plus miles to the next town to the nail salon I thought I might not should try driving with muscle cramps. I didn't go. I came on home and puttered around the house. House cleaning, laundry and such.

Rodger picked up 20 lbs of ground beef from the slaughter house today and brought it home. I made about 15 lbs of it into burger patties and stacked those with parchment paper between the layers on a cookie sheet and put them in the freezer to freeze solid. Tomorrow they will go into zip top bags and be stored in the freezer for later use. I did freeze 1 of the 5 lb packs into 1/2 lb patties so I can add a half lb to each lb of ground venison when I make meatloaf. Meatloaf needs a lil bit of fat in it to make good gravy in the pan. So we tried out the burger for supper tonight and it makes really good hamburgers. I feel good knowing we will not get food poisoning this time. Rodger said he stood there and watched them grind the burger for us. He had ordered it and it was to be ready today and as he got there to pick it up they had just started grinding. That is about as fresh as you can get right there. No ammonia smell , no pink sludge in it, and didn't spend who knows how long getting to our dinner table. I sure feel better serving that to the family.

Not much happening here on the farm, so till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: