Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Observations

It has been a rather do nothing day around here.But I did manage a trip to the grocery store to get a few things to keep the kids entertained when they are here for the holidays. As you know if you have grown kids all you need is plenty of food stuff and they are happy. But I was thinking while Jason and I were in the store, there just aren't that many people buying large carts full of groceries like I have seen at holidays past. It was almost as if most folks were shopping for the usual stuff, not items you normally see in your cart when you are making a big family meal. We only have one grocery store in our county and they had bunches of hams and turkeys left to chose from. I think this was not the norm. It really got me to thinking, do people not have the money to do big holiday meals or are they just not spending it. The jury is still out on that one. In talking to several people in the past few weeks, I have heard more people say their families are not doing the gift exchanges this year, it is more important to just be with family and friends and have a nice simple meal. For the most part this has always been our way of celebrating Christmas. Just my opinion, but I do think this year Christmas will be celebrated more in light of true meaning than the commercialized one for lots more people. But around this house, anytime I can spend time with my youngins is special. They grew up to be wonderful individuals if I do say so myself. So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

2 comments:

Jen said...

Stelly,
Thats the spirit.

-jen

stella said...

Hi Jenny, yeh we jus take it easy and relax for the holidays. Hope you have a great one as well.

stella