Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Life goes on

Life goes on in spite of us sometimes. I have stayed busy all week trying to get my moms apartment packed up and ready to move. Most of her stuff will be moved into my house and some odd things will be put in storage if she ever has a need for them later.I did manage to get my carpet shampooer to the apartment and cleaned the recliner that she wants to use at the nursing home, so thas one thing out of the way. Maybe by weeks end I will have the other stuff in boxes and ready to move the week of Christmas. This kind of work takes its tole on me physically. Does get kind a hard to keep up with 2 households. But I think I will survive.
The weather today was nice but cold. Or at least to me 35 is cold. Maybe I have become a wimp in my time. But hopefully it made for good deer hunting for the guys and gals that are out this season. Haven't heard from my bunch yet so I really don't know if we have more deer for the freezer or not. I may have to can some of the venison if we have more deer as I am out of freezer space and really don't want to buy another one right now. But I do have space in the cellar for jars of canned goodies. I will need freezer space for cornmeal when we get our corn ground into meal the week of Christmas. This has been a long season for me. Seems as tho I can never get all the things done that need to be so I can settle in for winter. But my dad always said the older you get the more there is to do it seems.
Till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: