Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Holiday hang-over

No, not the kind of hang-over you might be thinking. Just that sluggish feeling you get from eating too much. We had a good meal so I suppose that is a plus and probably more than a lot of folks had. We stayed busy most of the holiday finishing up the butchering and getting deer meat in the freezer. So the freezer is full again and just maybe that will hold us for a while.

Luna is feeling better and not limping like she was. Am sure hoping this treatment the vet gave her works for her shoulder and leg so she wont need surgery. If I ran and bounced around like she does I'm pretty sure I would have torn cartilage too. Or worse. But she is more active than before so that's a good sign I think. The weather has been warmer during the day which helps as well I'm sure, although it has been near freezing at night. Guess cold is to be expected in December. So hard to believe this year is almost gone from us and a new one is around the corner. Maybe a long nap is in order. So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: