Search This Blog

Sunday, December 27, 2009

A late white Christmas

We had our family Christmas this weekend so both the boys could be here. It has just been a lazy day grazing on leftovers and lots of naps. A friend had given us another deer last week. It got skinned out today and cut for the freezer. It had lots of nice roast and about 15 lb of deer burger. That should do for a while. Rob and Amoy were going to try to go home this afternoon but took a nap instead. After dark it started to snow again with a big dip in temps from earlier today. I guess I missed that part of the weather forecast. So they are going to stay the night and leave tomorrow and head back home.

I am ready to just stay in for a while and rest up or hibernate as some would call it. I am working on putting all my favorite recipes in a cook book on the computer so it can be transferred to disc at some point. I am going to include all my canning recipes and if I get real creative maybe some photos. Or not. So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: