Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Seed starts




The weather was really nice out today. Warm and sunny, kinda makes you think spring was really close. I had bought some peat pellets and starter trays for starting seeds that need to be planted really early. Also got some herbs started too. I have sown sage, chamomile, savory, marjoram, and basil. Also some lavender, leeks, celery, and red cabbage. Hopefully these will produce some early veggies. Today I sent my order out for several fruit and nut trees and blueberries. I ordered more strawberry plants to put in the garden. Once all these plants arrive I will be busy for a long time digging holes and planting stuff. As soon as the ground dries a lil we are going to get the peas planted as it was too wet to plant on valentines day like we have always done. Not much else really got done today other than the remaining shelves put in the root cellar and it is a little more organized. Sure makes it easy to find things. This has been it today. So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: