Search This Blog

Monday, August 10, 2009

Dog days of summer

The dog days of summer are upon us I do believe. The heat was a little too much for me today, and with the humidity. Didn't have a lot to do in the garden anyway and its just as well. So I stayed in most of the day and got caught up on the inside chores. Our area is forecast to get rain for the next 6 days. We so desperately need to get our potatoes dug before they start to sprout in the ground again. So the rain will ruin that plan. I do still have peppers producing and will be canning more of those along with a few tomatoes as they ripen. Maybe I can pick the tomatoes and peppers tomorrow between rain showers. And maybe cut some more herbs to dry indoors. Too humid to dry anything outside. We have a few weeks of really hot humid weather in August and then fall will creep in on us with its cooler weather and beautiful colors. One of my favorite times of the year. So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

stella

No comments: