Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Nothing happenin, attending a wedding

We haven't done anything here on the farm today other than just making sure the critters had food and water and we just rested. We had a nice rain yesterday and decided to let the garden dry a bit before getting in there too much. I got all the jars wiped down from the canning yesterday and they are ready to go in the cellar. I will pick purple hull peas tomorrow and shell those for the freezer. And most likely have more cukes to make into pickles. We will try to get our potatoes dug this coming week. The vines have died back and they should be ready if we have any. We have had a big problem with potato bugs this year and I just hope they didn't do too much damage to the vines. We shall see.
We had a wedding this evening to attend. A second cousin was getting married. And another second cousin is getting married in 2 weeks. I don't mind attending, I just don't like dressing up. I am more jeans and tee-shirts. Rob is back in Nevada and couldn't attend but Amoy did get to come home and go with us. I think the rest of the evening will be spent just chilling out and trying to rest a bit so we can do some canning tomorrow.
Till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

2 comments:

small farm girl said...

After picking beans this morning, we rested too. Such a nice day to do it too.

stella said...

Hey farm girl, I dont get many of those days, but dang I can alas find plenty to do inside the house. We are supposed to have really hot weather today and then cooler with chance of showers all the way to next weekend. Next weekend is chicken butchering I do think.