Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Well it died!

Well my new to me computer finally kicked the bucket. The video card has died and with it part of the mother board it is not a part that can be replaced. So the puter is shot. Damn it!! And just when I got adjusted to and started liking the puter really well. Such is my luck. I guess its a good thing I still have my old Toshiba laptop. I had gotten a virus on it at one time and instead of installing windows on it we opted to put Linux on as the operating system. It takes some getting used to again. Only problem is Linux wont run some of the odd programs that I use a lot. The most important being my cook book program that I have worked on for the past couple years. Oh well.
Our lil snow we got first of the week is mostly gone now. All be it still very cold and breezy. I took some pics of the snow and now I cant post them using this computer. Another damn it!
Not much happening around here, so till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

1 comment:

She Chef said...

I'm sorry to hear that your laptop went to the netherworld :) But I'm glad you got a new one.

I also wanted to say thank you for your posts and all that you share - I've learned so much from you!