Search This Blog

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Its that time

Its the time of year when you get up in the mornings and need long sleeves and then off they go in mid day, then back on in the evenings. I love this time though. Just a comfortable time to work outside and get lots done.
We have spent all day working on the old home place trying to get it cleaned up and ready to rent. And as I worked and cleaned, I couldn't help thinking how my family before me had felt or how they lived when they were there. There are no doors in those old houses. You just move from one room into the next. I just wonder if my grandparents really gave any thought to where the windows were and the views from each or did they just put windows randomly in place. There were 6 kids raised in the house, 2 boys and 4 girls, and the way is see the floor plan, there are really only 3 bedrooms. Did 4 girls use one room? Or was private space as important then and we seem to think it is now? Maybe we just have more stuff which equates to less space for people. Maybe now days we build our homes to hold stuff and not to function for people as much. Oh well it was just my mind wondering again. Till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

stella

No comments: