Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Good food

Some of the best foods of summer come from the grill. The one thing that can make any grilled food good or not so much so is the sauce. I just thought I would share a recipe for a good Kentucky BBQ sauce. As we near the Independence Day and the celebrations that come with it may I recommend this sauce for your next grill-out.

Bourbon Chipotle BBQ Sauce
(can be used with the meat of your choice)

1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4cup water
1/4cup molasses
1/4 Kentucky bourbon
1 tablespoon chipotle flakes or powder
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground

Combine all ingredients in heavy saucepan and bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. If possible make a day or 2 ahead and refrigerate for flavors to blend. Stir well before using.
Apply sauce to meat last 5 or 10 minutes of grilling to prevent blackening. In oven sauce can be added sooner. Sauce heated can be used for dipping. Enjoy!
Till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.
stella

1 comment:

Jen said...

HOW in the world could we leave the Bourbon out?! lmao. Ya know Stella, I aint a big bbq sauce fan but since I see two of my favorite flavors in the world in there...molasses and honey, I am willing to try this and am going to next time i make a big batch of pork ribs or short beef ribs. Iffin i dont que, this sounds like sumthin i can throw in the crock pot wif my pork ribs. Thank you to you my mouth is now waterin. Thanks fer sharin' the recipe though Ma'am. ~jen