Search This Blog

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

It Christmas time already, where did this year go? Today we are just relaxing here at home, Rob and Amoy of course have to work tonight so they cant be here till tomorrow when we have dinner. I think we are having some grilled salmon and wild rice for lunch and maybe soup for supper today. I have some baking to do as well if I can ever get motivated to move. This is a good time of year for me to reflect on the past year and count blessing that have come my way. And there are too many to count. We are blessed to have good health, good food, shelter and family. So much more fortunate than many today.
We are forecast to have some cold nasty weather this weekend and hopefully we are more prepared than we were last weekend. We bought a generator yesterday and have gas for it and kerosene for the kerosene heaters if we need them. We also have propane burners we can utilize for cooking if we lose power. Which I hope don't happen of course but it never hurts to be ready.
I am off to bake some cookies and get some things fixed for us to snack on. I made some bourbon balls yesterday from a recipe that my friend Connie shared with me and they were so dang good. I will share that with you here.

Bourbon Balls

2 cups finely chopped pecans
1 cup bourbon

Pour bourbon over nuts and let stand an hour or so to absorb the liquid.

Combine 2 lb powdered sugar and 1/2 cup melted butter well. Mix in soaked pecans and stir to combine well. Chill well and prepare chocolate for dipping.

12oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 bar of paraffin

Melt over low heat. Roll pecan sugar mixture into balls about the size of grapes and dip in chocolate to coat. Place on paper lined cookie sheet and chill to harden chocolate.

Enjoy! But these are best made several days ahead of time if you can let them wait that long.

From my family to you and yours, Merry Christmas, stay safe and warm.

Stella

No comments: