Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2011

Blogging from across the country

It has been a while since I last posted here. Gosh I am so slacking. But just to update a little bit. Last Friday September 30th I flew out of Lexington headed to Nevada to see Rob and Amoy and spend some time with my kids. Should be back on the farm about October 9th. They picked me up in SLC airport on Friday night and we had a late dinner and drove on to their home in Elko Nevada. Kinda made for a long night for them not to mention me jumping time zones. But we arrived home late and went to bed. I vaguely remember laying down. We have had really nice weather so far. On Saturday we drove up to Lamoile canyon just sight seeing. It was a nice drive. It always amazes me to see snow still on some of the mountain tops after the hot summer we have had. It is a nice change of pace to see different places of beauty that God has created.
I am happy to know the kids have bought a really nice home in what seems to be a good quiet neighborhood. It is good that they have bought a home because now there is to be a lil one in April of next year. Might not be hard to figure out that I am gonna be a Grammy. Oh my!! I have the lil granddog Abby and now a real lil baby. I do feel so blessed.
Not much happening out here this week, this gram will just relax and enjoy my vacation. Till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead on the road.

Stella

3 comments:

Mallory said...

Hi Stella, Congrats on the new addition to your family! I found your blog on a canning website, and I have really been enjoying it! I have been canning for awhile but have just branched into pressure canning. I canned red, pinto, and black beans this year but I wanted to do a batch of chili beans too. I looked around for a recipe on your blog. If it's not too much trouble, would you be willing to share what spices you use?
Also, my mom's family are McGuire's and I was wondering if we are related. I know our family has a big reunion somewhere in Kentucky.

She Chef said...

Congratulations on the baby and the vacation...I love to hear good news and additions!

Mary said...

Oh how wonderful, your first Grand!! I'm thrilled for you! found out yesterday I'm going to be g-ma again too. aren't we the most blessed of women? :)