Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Odd jobs done

Still too wet to do much in the garden. But at least we are finally getting some odd jobs done around here. After I got my herb bed extension done I was needing to get some kind of fence around it to keep the dog and cats from walking in there. Really hated to use any kind of heavy fence as it would make the place a lil unsightly. We still had a lot of the nylon deer netting left so we nailed short stakes/post around the bed and put a strip of the deer netting around. It is thin enough that it is nearly invisible from any distance yet it will be a barrier to keep the animals out. I would have used the same method in this bed as I do the others with exception this one is much larger and I don't have any woven fence wire to put on the ground over the plants. None the less it is secure and still looks ok.
According to the local weather the rain is due to end by tomorrow and it is gonna start getting warmer. I am so dang tired of being cold and wet. It hard to think of wearing a jacket on Memorial day. So am hoping that just maybe things will dry out a bit so we can plant melons and get the other field of corn planted. Not to mention the fact that I still need to mulch my strawberries. Not sure how much of that stuff will get done this weekend as I plan to butcher chickens on Saturday. They are huge and need to be in the freezer.
Not much else happening here on the farm. So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

No comments: