Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Seeing red!


No I'm not mad, just seeing lots of red in the tomato patch this year. We picked 7 - 5 gallon buckets of tomatoes this evening and only picked about 2/3 of the patch. We will get the rest tomorrow. I ran out of containers. I see lots of spaghetti sauce in my future. And maybe some salsa, tomato sauce, juice and no telling what else. I think this will be a good year for us and tomatoes. So I am a happy lil camper up to my eyeballs in maters.
Just thought ya might like to see a pic of some of our heirloom variety cantaloupes we have this year. I sure do hope they ripen and don't rot. They are huge melons.



There are several of them in the patch too. I do hope to save more seed from these melons cause they are a variety that i was tole originated here locally, cant be certain on that tho. None the less, they are wonderful sweet melons and enough to feed the whole party. Not much else happening here. So till next time, blessings from the McGuire homestead.

Stella

4 comments:

The Apple Pie Gal said...

I'm red with envy!

DR said...

Wow, Stella. I've never seen a cantaloupe that big! Save me a seed too if ya can.

She Chef said...

Seeing Red is right...Seeing tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce, salsa, ketchup, barbecue sauce...I'm so jealous - My first attempt at gardening got fried by the one month of 108+ temps. And those melons look YUUMMMY. You are an inspiration lady!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to have a few of the large cantaloupe seeds! Those melons look as big as Crenshaw Melons. Looks like you're in Melon and Mater Heaven down there in KY!